“I really like cooking and having family or friends over," writes Wanda Holoubek from Omaha, Nebraska. "These juicy burgers always go over big at get-togethers.”
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- Leaf lettuce, tomato slices and onion slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, onion, soy sauce, ketchup and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Bacon Burgers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p45
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Bacon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review