- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 5 bacon strips
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- Leaf lettuce, tomato slices and onion slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, onion, soy sauce, ketchup and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Bacon Burgers
Sort By :
My husband prefers it if I fry up the bacon first and then put it on after the burgers are grilled. But then again, his food groups are bacon and steak. (He's a "Meat & Potatoes Kinda Guy.")
Have made this one a few times already and I've only had the recipe for a month. I also cooked the bacon first and crumbled inside the burger and added slightly more cheese and some green onions. This recipe is a real winner.
Made these and loved them!!! Cooked the bacon and threw it in the meat instead of on top. I'd actually add more cheese next time since I couldn't hardly taste it.
I tried this recipe last night and my wife said it was the best burger shes ever had. I had a couple of issues with it. The main issue was mixing the shredded cheese into the hamburger meat. It made a larger than necessary mess on the grill. I would leave that part out and just melt a slice of cheese on top at the end of cooking. I also left off the bacon, but that was just to cut down on the fat alittle. All in all this was a good burger.
My husband really liked this burger. Next time I will time it better. I burned these on the grill. I think the bacon flared up and burned the whole burger.