Tender, with a delicious barbecue flavor, these asparagus spears make a perfect side dish for grilled meats. For easy grilling, place asparagus on a double skewer. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover and
- cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and pat dry. Cool
- Thread several asparagus spears onto two parallel soaked wooden
- skewers. Repeat. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes,
- turning once. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 2 minutes longer,
- turning; basting once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 25 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.