Grilled Asparagus with Tangerine Dressing Recipe
My family's favorite way to eat asparagus is when it has been grilled. It gets such a tasty smokey flavor.—Tracy Woolbright, Lakewood, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/3 cup tangerine or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated tangerine or orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large tangerines or navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. Toss asparagus with olive oil; place on a grilling grid. Transfer to grill rack.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus and tangerine sections on a serving platter; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC