- 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, thyme, salt and sugar. Add water; beat until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush asparagus with oil; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Grill asparagus, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning every 2 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into eight portions. Roll each portion into a 6-in. circle. Place dough directly on grill.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Place toasted side up on two ungreased baking sheets. Top with pizza sauce, asparagus, ham and cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until bottom of crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Asparagus Pizzas
Sort By :
"Was good with pesto instead of pizza sauce."
"Very very good!"
"This recipe was great! The only thing I did different was use a pizza crust mix that you just add water too(2 packages will make 8 servings) The crust comes out so nice and krispy and it doesn't take long at to grill. My family and I enjoyed the grilled pizza so much we now experiment with different topping combinations."