Grilled Asian Steak
“This is the first recipe I requested from my mother-in-law after I was married. My mouth waters just thinking about these juicy steaks.” —Lory Greathouse, Camano Island, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the beef; seal bag
- and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting
- occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked steak equals 179 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.