Grilled Asian Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked steak equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Asian Flank Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.