Friends and family keep asking me to make this great recipe that combines three of my favorites: Asian food, ginger and steak. Enjoy! —Warren Paulson, Mesa, Arizona
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Asian Flank Steak in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p47
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Asian Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review