Grilled Artichoke-Mushroom Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup tomato and basil spaghetti sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- Brush crust with oil. Spread spaghetti sauce over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes and olives if desired. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill pizza, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with herbs during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Artichoke-Mushroom Pizza
Sort By :
Love grilled pizza.
I made this a long time ago and have made variations of it since. The only problem with it was the sodium content for our family. One slice of pizza would not fill up my DH but two slices of this version would be more sodium than he can have in a day. To cut down the sodium I replaced the spaghetti sauce with no-salt diced tomatoes and added Italian seasoning and I replaced the cheeses with a very low-sodium mozzarella I found and unfortunately we had to skip the feta. I did add a little diced red onion and red bell pepper. This recipe is so fun though because I can replace the artichoke hearts with whatever I have at home at the time. I love things like that.
This was very good! I added grilled chicken to it.
This pizza is so good! The flavors are wonderful. And cooking it on the grill (with a pizza stone) was a piece of cake! Will defintely make it again.