Grilled Apple Tossed Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large apples, cut into wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add apples. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing until serving.
- 2. Drain apples, reserving marinade for basting. Thread onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill apples, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, basting frequently. Turn and grill 6-8 minutes longer or until golden and tender.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, walnuts and blue cheese. Add apples. Drizzle with reserved dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 521 calories, 42g fat (7g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Tossed Salad
"I wanted to try this recipe for a long time, but I held off worried that I would hate the bleu cheese. I haven't always been a fan of the bleu. But, it was perfect in this salad. I love the combination of the bleu cheese with the toasted walnuts, and those marinated apples were so good. Just try it!"