The grilled apples in this salad combine so well with the blue cheese, walnuts and balsamic dressing. I like to serve it on pink Depression glass dessert plates from my great-grandmother. —Paul Soska, Toledo, Ohio
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large apples, cut into wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add apples. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing until serving.
- Drain apples, reserving marinade for basting. Thread onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill apples, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, basting frequently. Turn and grill 6-8 minutes longer or until golden and tender.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, walnuts and blue cheese. Add apples. Drizzle with reserved dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Apple Tossed Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p27
Reviews for Grilled Apple Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review