- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients. In a bowl, toss apples with 1/4 cup dressing.
- Place apple slices on a grill rack over medium heat; reserve dressing left in bowl. Grill apples, covered, until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade.
- To serve, toss greens with remaining dressing. Top with grilled apples, walnuts and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Tossed Salad
"I wanted to try this recipe for a long time, but I held off worried that I would hate the bleu cheese. I haven't always been a fan of the bleu. But, it was perfect in this salad. I love the combination of the bleu cheese with the toasted walnuts, and those marinated apples were so good. Just try it!"