Grilled Apple Pizza Recipe
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1. In a large skillet, saute apples in 3 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; keep warm.
- 2. Unroll pizza crust and cut lengthwise in half. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; brush onto both sides of crust.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Remove from the grill. Top with apples and desired topping ingredients.
- 4. American Way: Sprinkle with arugula, cooked chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- 5. Fruit and Cream: Sprinkle with dried cranberries; drizzle with cream cheese icing.
- 6. French: Top with sliced Brie cheese and fresh thyme.
- 7. Turtle Style: Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans; drizzle with caramel sauce. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 pieces each).
1 piece equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Pizza
"I made the pizza the American Way. Oh! It was so good! My husband loved it too, and he is a bit of a food snob. He also said that it passed the ultimate pizza test -- it was delicious, eaten cold, for breakfast the next morning."
"the toppings were very good but I didn't like the grilled dough at all. I think I'll try it again tho bake in the oven instead. If I rated it on the toppings I'd give it 4 stars, on the grilled dough I'd give it 1 so I picked an average between the two"