Grilled Apple Pizza Recipe
Mmm! Start with this basic apple pizza, then dress it up any way you like using the ideas at the end of the recipe. —R. Sandlin, Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1. In a large skillet, saute apples in 3 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; keep warm.
- 2. Unroll pizza crust and cut lengthwise in half. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; brush onto both sides of crust.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Remove from the grill. Top with apples and desired topping ingredients.
- 4. American Way: Sprinkle with arugula, cooked chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- 5. Fruit and Cream: Sprinkle with dried cranberries; drizzle with cream cheese icing.
- 6. French: Top with sliced Brie cheese and fresh thyme.
- 7. Turtle Style: Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans; drizzle with caramel sauce. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 pieces each).
1 piece equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Pizza
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC