Grilled Apple Crisp Recipe
The first time I tasted this old-fashioned apple crisp, i couldn't believe it was made on the grill. Topped with a scoop of ice cream, the warm cinnamony dessert will earn you rave reviews.
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place the apple slices on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24x12 in.). In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Fold foil around apple mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 381 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Crisp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC