Grilled Apple Crisp
The first time I tasted this old-fashioned apple crisp, i couldn't believe it was made on the grill. Topped with a scoop of ice cream, the warm cinnamony dessert will earn you rave reviews.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place the apple slices on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil
- (about 24 in. x 12 in.). In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown
- sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; cut in butter until
- mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Fold foil around apple mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Open foil
- carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve warm with ice cream if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 381 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.