Grilled Apple Chicken
“I like to slice the chicken into strips and serve them on a bed of salad greens on hot summer days. The chicken is great for cold sandwiches to take to work, too.” Eileen Rande - Farmington Hills, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup
- juice mixture. Add oil to the remaining juice mixture; pour into a
- large resealable bag. Add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved
- juice mixture.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain
- chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting
- occasionally with reserved juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 160 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.