Grilled Apple Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup juice mixture. Add oil to the remaining juice mixture; pour into a large resealable bag. Add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved juice mixture.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 160 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Chicken
"This marinade is milder than some we've tried, but the results were delicious! We marinated it overnight and the chicken was juicy and flavorful."
"My family and I absolutely LOVE this!"
"Please give oven baking or broiling directions for those of us who do not grill.Jente"
"if you marinate overnight, it's better"