- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup juice mixture. Add oil to the remaining juice mixture; pour into a large resealable bag. Add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved juice mixture.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Apple Chicken in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Apple Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2013
My family and I absolutely LOVE this!
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2009
Please give oven baking or broiling directions for those of us who do not grill.
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2009
if you marinate overnight, it's better