- turkey under cold water; pat dry. Rub oil over skin. Skewer turkey
- openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a disposable foil roasting pan.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 hours. Tent
- turkey with foil; grill 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180°. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes
- before carving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Morton brand kosher salt. It is best not to use a prebasted turkey for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey equals 473 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 62 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer