One night I goofed, accidentally using the balsamic butter I save for grilling chicken on my pound cake. What a delicious mistake that my entire family loved! For a patriotic look, add a drizzle of blueberry syrup. —Moira McGarry, Parkman, Maine
Featured In: 25 Best Summer Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices angel food cake (about 1 ounce each)
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream and blueberry syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, mix butter and vinegar; brush over cut sides of cake.
- On a greased rack, grill cake, uncovered, over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve cake with strawberries and, if desired, ice cream and blueberry syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews forGrilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2015
"Unique flavor. I enjoyed. My local grocery store did not carry blueberry syrup so I left it off. Not sure it needed it anyway."