One night I goofed, accidentally using the balsamic butter I save for grilling chicken on my pound cake. What a delicious mistake that my entire family loved! For a patriotic look, add a drizzle of blueberry syrup. —Moira McGarry, Parkman, Maine
Featured In: 25 Best Summer Cakes
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices angel food cake (about 1 ounce each)
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream and blueberry syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, mix butter and vinegar; brush over cut sides of cake.
- On a greased rack, grill cake, uncovered, over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve cake with strawberries and, if desired, ice cream and blueberry syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2015
"Unique flavor. I enjoyed. My local grocery store did not carry blueberry syrup so I left it off. Not sure it needed it anyway."