Grill-Side Turkey Salad Recipe
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1. Sprinkle each tenderloin with 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool.
- 2. Cut into cubes; place in a large bowl. Add the celery, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, salt if desired and remaining tarragon. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Serve on lettuce leaves; sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup (prepared with low-sodium soy sauce and without salt and peanuts) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grill-Side Turkey Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.