I've enjoyed cooking for as long as I can remember...I even majored in home economics in college. I'm now in my mid-70's and enthusiastically cook and bake with my granddaughter.
Featured In: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Sprinkle each tenderloin with 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool.
- Cut into cubes; place in a large bowl. Add the celery, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, salt if desired and remaining tarragon. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves; sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grill-Side Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grill-Side Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review