Grill Bread Recipe
This fun round bread is tender, tasty and can be used much the came way you'd use flour tortillas or pita bread.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 4 frozen Texas-size white dinner rolls (2 ounces each), thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each roll into an 8-in. to 10-in. circle, turning dough frequently; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add mushrooms; saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, peppers, peas, salt, pepper and oregano; stir-fry for 3 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, grill bread, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 30-45 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Fill with vegetable mixture and serve immediately. The bread can be reheated in the microwave. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC