Griddle Corn Cakes
"This is a downsized version of a recipe that belonged to my husband's mother and has been in their family for 80 years," shares Myrna Gerson of Staten Island, New York. "My husband and I got married 30 years ago, and I've been making these griddle cakes ever since."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg, corn, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle. Cook for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 corn cakes equals 359 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.