"This is a downsized version of a recipe that belonged to my husband's mother and has been in their family for 80 years," shares Myrna Gerson of Staten Island, New York. "My husband and I got married 30 years ago, and I've been making these griddle cakes ever since."
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, corn, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Griddle Corn Cakes in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p37
Reviews for Griddle Corn Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"These were incredible! I added just a dash of season-all to kick up the flavor."
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2009