Greens with Vinaigrette
This colorful salad topped with a sweet and savory dressing is a refreshing addition to any meal. It's a perfect example of how Mother could turn even simple ingredients into something special.
-Nancy Duty, Jacksonville, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine and radishes. In a jar with
- tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well.
- Just before serving, pour vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings (about 2/3 cup vinaigrette).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 167 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.