Greens with Pears and Blue Cheese Recipe
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. On each salad plate, arrange 2 cups of greens, half of a pear and about 1 tablespoon each of blue cheese and walnuts. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Greens with Pears and Blue Cheese
"This is one of my favourite salads!!"