Fresh greens, pear slices, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, crunchy walnts and a creamy citrus dressing make this healthy salad from Leanne Mocker a refreshing delight! “I first concocted it three years ago,“ she writes from Fall River, Massachusetts, “and it really was an instant sensation. My family loved it as much as I did.“
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. On each salad plate, arrange 2 cups of greens, half of a pear and about 1 tablespoon each of blue cheese and walnuts. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greens with Pears and Blue Cheese in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p35
Reviews for Greens with Pears and Blue Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2009
"This is one of my favourite salads!!"