Greens with Homemade Croutons Recipe
- 5 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash celery salt
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups torn romaine or fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place bread cubes in a bowl. Drizzle with butter; toss lightly. Sprinkle with seasonings; toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Greens with Homemade Croutons(2)
Sort By :
We love to have salad with dinner. This one was easy and delish.
Love, love, loved these croutons. The boxed off the shelf ones taste commercialized. These were not difficult to make, had really great seasoning and really rounded out the salad. Nice!