Suggested by field editor Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington, this light, savory herb dressing is a refreshing topper for mixed salad greens.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. Place the greens in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Greens with Herb Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p16
Reviews for Greens with Herb Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2015
"Everyone at dinner tonight (Aug 29/15) absolutely loved this dressing. I served it on freshy leaf lettice, cucucmbers, tomatoes from our garden and a few thin slices of red onion. Delicious. Great recipe."