Greens with Creamy Herbed Salad Dressing
If you're looking for a way to spice up everyday greens, try this salad dressing. With its thick consistency, it also makes a delectable veggie dip.Janet Les, Chilliwack, British Columbia
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk and vinegar until
- combined. Whisk in the oregano, basil, sugar, salt, garlic powder
- and pepper. Serve with salad greens. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup mixed salad greens with 2 tablespoons salad dressing equals 33 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.