Greens with Citrus Dressing
"You don't miss the oil when topping a green salad with this light and tangy homemade dressing," assures Suzanne Schreiber of Keno, Oregon. "It's a refreshing side dish."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped raisins, optional
- Torn mixed salad greens
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine orange juice, vinegar,
- honey, water, lemon juice, orange peel and raisins if desired; shake
- well. Serve over salad greens. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons of dressing (prepared without raisins) equals 31 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.