After eating this fabulous dinner salad at a restaurant while we were on vacation, I couldn’t wait to get back to my own kitchen to re-create it. It’s been a huge success in our family. —Brenda Nakhla, Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. Just before serving, place salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings (about 2/3 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Greens with Bacon & Cranberries in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greens with Bacon & Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review