Greens with Bacon & Cranberries Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. Just before serving, place salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings (about 2/3 cup vinaigrette).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greens with Bacon & Cranberries
Sort By :
Delicious and similar to how we often make our salads minus the dressing. I love the idea of using maple syrup in the dressing like this. Thanks for sharing.
This might be the yummiest salad I've ever eaten. Definitely the yummiest I've ever made! I used turkey bacon and feta, rather than pork and Gorgonzola.
My husband & I both agree this salad is delicious! I substituted apples for the pears, because it was what I had at home.