Greens and Roasted Beets Recipe
A refreshing from-scratch dressing is the ideal topping to this colorful salad with bright beets, mixed greens and mandarin oranges. The dish from our Test Kitchen would be a dressy accompaniment to a special event's menu.
- 2 whole fresh beets
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Spray beets with cooking spray. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until tender; cool. Peel and cut into 1/2-in. cubes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, beets and oranges. In a blender, combine the vinegar, orange juice concentrate, mustard, thyme and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add canola oil and sesame oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greens and Roasted Beets in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p57
Reviews for Greens and Roasted Beets(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
Made this for Father's Day and it was a hit. My father-in-law loved it. Loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >