Greens 'n' Fruit Salad
I concocted this recipe in my kitchen, and I've received a lot of compliments on it. I make it often for my husband and me, and I've also served it to guests at brunches and dinner parties.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a
- small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, orange juice and
- peel. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
- Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.