I concocted this recipe in my kitchen, and I've received a lot of compliments on it. I make it often for my husband and me, and I've also served it to guests at brunches and dinner parties.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, orange juice and peel. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Greens 'n' Fruit Salad in Country December/January 2002, p49
Reviews for Greens 'n' Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2015
"Omitted bacon and onions. Subbed greek yogurt for mayo."
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2009
"I fix this salad for company and they rave about it. It is delicious."