Greens 'n' Fruit Salad Recipe
I concocted this recipe in my kitchen, and I've received a lot of compliments on it. I make it often for my husband and me, and I've also served it to guests at brunches and dinner parties.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, orange juice and peel. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Greens 'n' Fruit Salad in Country December/January 2002, p49
Reviews for Greens 'n' Fruit Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2009
I fix this salad for company and they rave about it. It is delicious.