These popular potatoes are served at The Greenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. The old-fashioned scalloped potatoes set up firmly and cut into individual servings.—Cassa Norris, Douglasville, Georgia
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Rinse potatoes with cold water; place in a large saucepan. Add the cream, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in eggs and 2-3/4 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Greenbrier's Potatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p51
Reviews for Greenbrier's Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review