Make a playful attempt at recouping some of your tax payments with this salad. A quick-and-easy vinaigrette dressing adds a pleasant tang to any mixture of salad greens and ingredients.Betty Jean Jordan, Monticello, Georgia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly
- add oil while whisking. Stir in onion and parsley. Place the greens
- in a large salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.