Here's a great way to use up leftover chicken and rice! The vibrant medley of veggies and crunchy almonds gets plenty of flavor from soy sauce, garlic and ginger root. Kristen Feola of Springfield, Missouri shared the recipe.
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 3 minutes. Add the green pepper and onion; stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute longer. Add the chicken, rice, green onions, peas, pineapple juice and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Vegetables With Brown Rice in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Green Vegetables with Brown Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review