Green Vegetables with Brown Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 3 minutes. Add the green pepper and onion; stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute longer. Add the chicken, rice, green onions, peas, pineapple juice and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Vegetables With Brown Rice in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p42
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Green Vegetables with Brown Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review