- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon peel,
- melted butter, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Gently stir in tomatoes.
- Roll out half of the pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry
- to pie plate. Add filling and dot with cold butter. Roll out
- remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-40
- minutes longer for until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely
- on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 485 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.