Green Tea Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 3-1/2 teaspoons green tea leaves, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Place 2-1/2 teaspoons tea leaves in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain and discard leaves; pour tea into a large skillet. Add half of the onions. Stir in the honey, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Add chicken and remaining tea leaves; cover and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into thin slices; serve with sauce. Garnish with remaining onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Green Tea Teriyaki Chicken
Sort By :
"Very juicy and full of flavor. We used bottled green tea instead of buying the tea leaves and it was still delicious."
"This was fabulous"
"Teriyaki chicken is delicious and so easy to make, it's a keeper, for sure. My family and I love it and we make it every chance we get."