Green Tea Citrus Sorbet Recipe
- 4 cups water, divided
- 8 individual green tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring sugar and remaining water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the juices and green tea.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a freezer container; cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 147 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Green Tea Citrus Sorbet
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.