- 4 cups water, divided
- 8 individual green tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and remaining water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the juices and green tea.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a freezer container; cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Green Tea Citrus Sorbet in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p205
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Green Tea Citrus Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review