Green Shell Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a serving bowl; set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine the next 10 ingredients; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 147 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.