Green Shell Salad
Pasta provides the base for this palate-pleasing salad. "I lightened up a friend's version of this recipe," relates Janet Bernard from Twinsburg, Ohio. "Seasoned with garden-fresh herbs, it tastes, looks and smalls wonderful. It's always a big hit at cookouts and family gatherings."
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in a serving bowl; set aside. In a blender or food
- processor, combine the next 10 ingredients; cover and process until
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 147 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,