Green Salad with Vanilla-Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
Just thinking about this refreshing medley makes my mouth water! The sunny, citrusy salad is a variation of a recipe my mother shared with me years ago.
- VANILLA-CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- CARAMELIZED PECANS:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1-1/3 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/3 cups orange segments
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place the first ten ingredients in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Store vinaigrette in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- In a small heavy skillet, cook pecans in butter over medium heat until toasted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool completely.
- Just before serving, combine the greens, celery, oranges, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3/4 cup vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for later use. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings (1-2/3 cups vinaigrette).
Originally published as Green Salad with Vanilla-Citrus Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p60
Reviews for Green Salad with Vanilla-Citrus Vinaigrette(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review