Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 89 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette
"Made this salad to go along with the Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss. What a great combo! This salad was super easy to make and full of flavor. It was a nice change from the "classic" salad. My husband is not very adventurous with salads but absolutely loved this one."