Green Salad with Tangy Basil Vinaigrette for Two Recipe
A tart and tangy dressing turns a basic salad into something special. It works for weeknight dining but is good enough for company and pairs perfectly with just about anything. —Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 84 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC