Green Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
I like this salad because the dressing is easy to make and it provides a tangy blend of sweet and sour. There's always enough dressing left over for other meals, too. Colorful and refreshing, this green salad is a delightful addition to any menu!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 slices red onion, finely diced
- In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuce, cucumber and red onion;
- set aside. In a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all
- dressing ingredients; shake until well blended. Just before serving,
- pour about 1/2 cup of dressing over salad; toss lightly. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 3 cups dressing.
If Cooking for Two: Dressing may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.