Green Salad with Pepperoni and Cheese
Just a few basic additions turn plane-Jane salad greens into a taste-tempting side dish. Pepperoni and bacon add a salty zip. Joeanne Steras - Garrett, PA
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Cut pepperoni slices in half. In a large salad bowl, combine the
- salad greens, tomatoes, cheese, bacon and pepperoni. Serve with
- salad dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup salad (calculated without dressing) equals 105 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.