Green Salad with Onion Dressing Recipe
This is such an elegant salad. It will dress up any table. The caramelized onion in the dressing tastes fantastic. It's never failed to be a hit whenever I've served it.
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Place onion in a baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn and bake 25-30 minutes longer, stirring several times, until the onion is tender and lightly browned. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place onion in a blender or food processor; add broth, vinegar, salt and remaining oil. Cover and process until smooth (mixture will be thick). Chill.
- 3. Just before serving, toss greens, walnuts, red onion and dressing in a large salad bowl. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 164 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Green Salad with Onion Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC