Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
My mother-in-law regularly makes this for birthdays and holiday dinners. It is best in the summer when fresh, locally grown tomatoes are available.
—Amy Sauser, Omaha, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Divide the salad greens, tomatoes and mushrooms among eight salad
- plates. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salads. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salad with 2 tablespoons dressing equals 197 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.