My mother-in-law regularly makes this for birthdays and holiday dinners. It is best in the summer when fresh, locally grown tomatoes are available. —Amy Sauser, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Divide the salad greens, tomatoes and mushrooms among eight salad plates. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salads. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p43
Reviews for Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review