My mother-in-law regularly makes this for birthdays and holiday dinners. It is best in the summer when fresh, locally grown tomatoes are available. —Amy Sauser, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Divide the salad greens, tomatoes and mushrooms among eight salad plates. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salads. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p43
Reviews for Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2010
"Family Fave!! Easy and guests think you are pretty fancy when you put this on their salads!"