Green Salad with Dill Dressing Recipe
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn
- 1/2 bunch romaine, torn
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- DILL DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate. For dressing, whisk the vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Stir well before serving with the salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving with one tablespoon dressing (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and without added salt) equals 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable; also, 101 calories, 20 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Reviews for Green Salad with Dill Dressing
"This is a great salad, I did not use a few ingredients, the radishes are not a favorite in my home, along with the green onions. But I did add shredded cheddar cheese and some black olives, really good...and healthy. Love the dijon mustard in the dressing. So easy to throw together for a quick dinner and add some wine of course!!!! littlerich xoxoxo"